Monday, May 19, 2008

Imputed income .. The amount a person is able to earn, even if s/he currently is not earning at that level. Here it is from dictionary.com.. im·put·ed
/ɪmˈpyutɪd/ –adjective
estimated to have a certain cash value, although no money has been received or credited.

Wow, bummer for me. I have been unemployed for almost a year. Things are mighty tough here in Michigan as you might have heard. When a family (mom and dad that are married and their kids) fall on hard times and income is low they adjust and learn how to get by. Work hard at odd jobs, eat less fancy foods, accept some charity from friends, church, etc. It is amazing how much less income you can actually get by on when you really have to. I know, I've been there, am there.

NOT SO IF YOU ARE DIVORCED!!!
The state and county does not care in the slightest about the current economic conditions or lack of jobs available. The dad will pay as much as the state/county sees fit no matter what his income is or he faces JAIL!

What a system. I petitioned my local friend of the court to temporarily reduce my child support because I do not have a job and can not afford to pay the currently enforced amount of child support. They almost laughed at me. Needless to say they gave me no relief and even said that I was lucky they were not increasing my support obligation. What happened to living a little leaner during tough times. My children's mom gets all the help available from the state, all her income, and tax-free cash from me in the form of child support. I, in the meantime, live in poverty.

No wonder far more divorces are initiated by women than men. They "think" there is so much to gain by it. Sadly the women, post divorce, find out that their quality of life is lower than ever. Meanwhile, interestingly, the mans quality of life is almost always higher. Don't believe me? Look up the stats.

What does all this mean? Maybe if women were not offered such a succulent carrot on a stick that propels them into divorce, maybe if the local government and all the attorneys didn't profit so much from divorces a few more marriages would endure. Maybe more children would get to have a full time mom and dad in their lives. Maybe, like we have seen proven so many times, there would be less fatherless children as a drag on society. Maybe our great country would turn out more high achieving adults to compete with the rest of the world. Maybe vows to God would be honored. Maybe..(you get the point).

No comments: