Sunday, June 29, 2008

Get a Job ?

My ex harassed me on the phone about being unemployed and said that I could get a job if I wanted to. Don't forget this is south east Michigan. She said go to McDonald's and work. Lets do a little math and see how well that works out shall we?

Lets get a starting wage of $8.50/hr. At 40 hours a week that is $340 per week. Lets go skimpy on state/federal/and social security tax and only take 20% total. $340 now drops to $272. Lets also go conservative and say that she will only be awarded 50% for our 5 young children. The thought of income withholding is exciting isn't it? $272 per week for me now drops to $136 per week. Ooooh wait, I need to pay a babysitter for 40 hours a week for five children. Can I possibly find someone who would do it for only $5 per hour? Lets assume there is a blessed soul out there that will do that. $5 per hour at 40 hours is only $200 per week but that is $64 more dollars than I took home.

Sooo.. how should I spend this NEGATIVE $64 a week I'm earning. I'll need gas at $4.25 a gallon to drive to work, Shall I pay my modest rent so I can keep a roof over my head? I hear they have a meal discount program at work so that won't cost much. Don't forget the big one mister - Pay that child support on time! Don't worry about lights or heat in the home or feeding the children, just pay that support on time! Don't buy medicine, have trash removal, lights, heat, a phone, rent, car insurance, money for gas, food, etc. Those are all luxuries you can have after the child support is paid on time.

Eureka! I can ask to work double shifts and work 80 hours per week and double my income! Uhh, I mean losses. Seriously, if I lose $128 per week, the mom will get more and I'll never see or get to raise my children. Sign me up.

By the way, working those 80 hours per week still would not provide as much money as the system wants me to pay in child support so I would still be a bad guy in the eyes of my children's mom and the court system. Sigh.

I hope this doesn't kill me. When I die the mom will receive zero support and my children lose their dad. What do you think? Should I take the job or not?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now you know why Detroit has a million so called dead beat dads. Most of them can not afford to get a job. Yep, it is a stupid system.